[GLLUG] Ubuntu Packages -- WAS: Digital Video Cameras & Linux

Chris Chan crazytales at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 16:49:18 EST 2008

The reason build-essential itself is so small is because it ś a
metapackage - a package whose sole purpose is to have a lot of
dependencies so that installing all those packages can be accomplished
with a single short apt-get. And you can always download the .debs
from ubuntu package search and transfer them to a flash drive for
installation on your computer.