[GLLUG] Ubuntu CDs for Penguicon

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Mon Jan 28 14:36:39 EST 2008

On Jan 27, 2008 5:57 PM, Stanley C. Mortel <mortel at cyber-nos.com> wrote:
> I'll contact them and see about getting disks.  Anyone have a reasonable
> idea about how many?  Something more than a WAG.  Did the burn box keep
> track of the number of copies made last year?
>
> Stan

I think we will be plenty safe if we order about 1/3 as many discs as
there will be conference attendees. If we end up with a lot of extra
discs, we just strategically place them throughout the hotel on
Sunday, bring them to GLLUG meetings, or put them in libraries. If we
run short, then we have the burnbox.

Speaking of the burnbox, it was a smash hit at LinuxFest. Every time I
looked over, somebody was always burning something. I just downloaded
the source code so maybe I'll see if I can create a patch that will
log accounting and stats to the SQLite database. (My C++ skils are
about sharp as a spoon, though, so be warned. :P)

Charles