[GLLUG] Nokia Buys Trolltech

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:00:24 EST 2008

--- Eduardo wrote:

> Mysql is very profitable.

This may be of interest to some on this list :-)  One of the WFTL
list-members is located in Brazil (cross-posted from the WFTL list):
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--- Raul Montagne wrote:

Nokia has been playing with OSS too... may be they want to put KDE in
the N series....
Nokia has "INdT -- Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia"  here in Brazil and
they say:
"...is focused on deploying innovative technological solutions on the
mobile communications area"
They use mainly OSS.
You that have a N800 (or N810) may have already used Canola (media
player) it was developed in one of these centers (in fact, here in Recife, BR).
http://www.indt.org.br

These Institutes are organizing a conference next March an International
Conference on Open Source Software for Mobile Embedded Platforms
http://www.bossaconference.indt.org
There are a lot of speakers in KDE....hmmm....interesting, isn't it?
As it is very near (50 km) I may go... just to see what is going on...

talueguito
raul

--- Marcel Gagné wrote:

[snip]
For a little more on the Trolltech/Nokia deal, you might also want to read this
blog post from my buddy, Aaron Seigo.

<http://aseigo.blogspot.com/2008/01/nokia-and-trolltech.html>

[snip]
LinuxDevices.com has a nice collection of Linux-powered devices from
cell phone to set-top TV boxes, to robots. The site could be a hell of
a lot better organized but there's a lot of information there. On that
note, I'll save you the trouble of locating the appropriate link. [
insert appropriate smiley here ]
<http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT4936596231.html>

~~ Mikey