[GLLUG] Binding interfaces to eachother

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 11:37:07 EDT 2008

Think i need a crossover cable between my computer and the pap2?

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Karl Schuttler <rexykik at gmail.com> wrote:
> I knew the word started with a 'b'.
> 2008/7/3 Marshal Newrock <marshal at freedombi.com>:
>> On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 10:49:46 -0400
>> "Karl Schuttler" <rexykik at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I have a IP phone that requires that i run an extra cable to my
>>> switch. I remember at Penguincon we were trying to use some
>>> application to bind the wireless interface on a laptop to its ethernet
>>> port so we could feed the network from the wireless; does anyone
>>> remember the name of that application? (for some reason i feel that it
>>> has 'fire' in the name). My motherboard has two ethernet
>>> interfaces...does it seem likely that i could just bind the second,
>>> unused one, to my first one so that I don't have to have a second
>>> ethernet cable running across my room and instead just plug the ip
>>> phone into my second interface?
>> I'm guessing the application was probably something like firestarter,
>> which is a firewall configuration program.  It sounds like what you're
>> trying to do is to bridge the two interfaces.
>> --
>> Marshal Newrock
>> 517-679-0699 x223
>> FreedomBI, LLC - http://www.freedombi.com
>> _______________________________________________
>> linux-user mailing list
>> linux-user at egr.msu.edu
>> http://mailman.egr.msu.edu/mailman/listinfo/linux-user

More information about the linux-user mailing list