[GLLUG] OpenWRT reading recommendation

charles at bityard.net charles at bityard.net
Tue Jul 8 16:36:47 EDT 2008

Unless you're planning on doing anything fancy, X-WRT is a good
option. It's not as flashy as DD-WRT and can be a little confusion but
it generally works well. It's what I use at home. My only complaint is
that inbound port forwarding sometimes stops working and I have to
reboot the router to get it to work again. Another downside with
OpenWRT/X-WRT is that development on both moves at a snail's pace, so
getting a bug fixed or a feature added takes quite a long time.

Charles