[GLLUG] SSH problem

Thomas Driscoll tad001 at sunn.net
Wed Jul 9 14:52:14 EDT 2008

I kinda have the same problem at work. I connect thru a SonicWall firewall and it can cause my connections to be dropped if I do know keep a consistent stream between the client and host computers. I have read there are some SSH setting you can tweak a bit. But honestly, I favor using screen and just reconnect if I get disconnected. The initial connection "could" be caused by DNS is either one of these (client or host) on no RFC designed non-routed address spaces? If so you could add entries to your /etc/hosts file to help deal with this.