[GLLUG] Anyone with experience with Macs and AirPort Extreme?

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Thu Jun 12 11:42:16 EDT 2008

It doesnt really seem to be a related issue, but the early 2006 minis
have a firmware update for them. It is called
Apple Mac mini early 2006 SMC Firmware

A more related fix would be:
----
from http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4993837

Alright, so we know that after updated to 10.5.2 people were still having
trouble with Airport. I was one of them, and I figured it out. Here is
what I did:

1. Navigate to Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration
2. Locate com.apple.airport.preferences.plist
3. Drag it to trash
4. Hit the spotlight, type in "Keychain Access"
a) Remove all passwords to every network
*now I don't know if that's necessary, but I did it, and it worked*
5. Restart Leopard
6. Connect to a network and you should be problem free

By deleting com.apple.airport.preferences.plist and restarting your
system, you are allowing Leopard to create the new 10.5.2 file.

My theory is, is that the two conflicted with each other so it wasn't
copied properly, and thats why some people had the problem and some
didn't.
---
my guess is you just need to axe the password to the airport.

That at least lets you start the config from scratch. :)

Sean