[GLLUG] OT: Painting in a room w/computers

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Thu Jun 26 20:34:27 EDT 2008

Karl Schuttler wrote:
> I'm going to repaint my room this weekend, and I quite a bit of
> computer tech in it. Is it safe to paint in the room with them there,
> or is it likely that the fumes will destroy them so I should move
> everything out?

The biggest thing is to see if you have enough room to move around.
Also, you'll want to put drop cloths over things so there could be a
heat issue.  Power down everything that you can.

Modern latex paints don't really have much risk for computers, unless
you paint over things.

Also, for a cosmetic bonus pull your outlet covers off and tape over any
 outlets.  Paint on network jacks is a real bummer.

Clay