[GLLUG] FreeBSD CDs

Adam McDougall mcdouga9 at egr.msu.edu
Tue Mar 4 06:38:00 EST 2008

I'd recommend trying the latest release that came out, 7.0,
but 6.2 or 6.3 should be decent as well.  I could burn some if anyone wants
to pick some up, I've been out of touch on the meetings for a while.

disc1 contains the necessary bootable install files so you don't need network access
to install the base system and some basic things like X.  I think, but I'm not
sure, that KDE and gnome fit on disc2, and more packages are on disc3 but its
probably easier to run sysinstall and fetch them off the net once the system is
up rather than burning and flipping a bunch of cds.

Install disk for 7.0 i386:
ftp://ftp.egr.msu.edu/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/7.0/7.0-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

Install disk for 6.3 i386:
ftp://ftp.egr.msu.edu/pub/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-i386/6.3/6.3-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

Other arches/version:
ftp://ftp.egr.msu.edu/pub/FreeBSD/