[GLLUG] Weather-info options

Ben Holcomb bholcomb at liquidweb.com
Mon Mar 17 09:41:51 EDT 2008

I have to second Weather.gov. There isn't a lot of Linux-based weather
software. I use Gkrell-weather plugin to get a current temp/relative
humidity. The rest of the 'decent' weather programs are all Windows based.

Gibson Ridge makes some awesome software http://www.grlevelx.com/
Storm Lab from Interwarn is also pretty decent as best I can tell
http://www.interwarn.com/

Another resource I use a lot is the College of DuPage weather pages at
http://kamala.cod.edu/

Of course, the Weather Service also has their own set of XML feeds, so
theoretically you could develop an application to take advantage of
those feeds.

Ben Holcomb WX8BEN
http://www.wx8ben.com
http://www.bholcomb.com