[GLLUG] One Ubuntu image on multiple machines?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at msu.edu
Mon Mar 24 12:31:27 EDT 2008

Just wondering whether anyone can point me to a write-up on what factors
to consider when deploying a single Ubuntu image to multiple machines?
I want to dual boot a lab environment with Windows and Ubuntu, and
perhaps also integrate Ubuntu into the Windows domain.  Does linux have
an equivalent to the SID?  Also, how would I go about adding an element
of randomness to the hostnames for purposes of DHCP?

Thanks,

Al Puzzuoli

Michigan State University

Information Technologist
http://www.rcpd.msu.edu

Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities

120 Bessey Hall East Lansing, MI  48824-1033

517-884-1915