[GLLUG] Penguicon 6.0 Whuffies report....

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Thu May 8 16:59:53 EDT 2008

So, we STILL don't know if we've made a profit yet (we have a treasurer
who is good with money and records, not so good with crunching numbers),
but all the cards are in place. Here's what happened:

Penguicon T-shirts: If you redeemed for them,  you got them. If not, oh
well. :)

PreReg: Everyone who filled out forms for me, got them submitted with 4
whuffies to pay for next year. I'll bring the pink receipts to the
meetings. Sometime after the Q, I'll give up, and mail them or something. :)

Refunds: I handed over the whuffies at the wrapup meeting last weekend.
The following people are scheduled for refunds, and said refunds will be
mailed to you if the con turns a profit

Andrew Ball
Eduardo Cesconetto
Clay Dowling
Richard Hauser
Jeff Lawton
Ariel Lonchar
Stan Mortel
Chick Tower
Charles Ulrich

As well, the following people are scheduled for refunds, but, um, I
don't have any address info on them, and the con doesn't trust that
'refund money' should be sent to 'address put on registration
info'....many people give bad reg info.

Lee Putnam - no other info
Karl Shuttler - no other info

And except for one person, that's it for Whuffies. The exception? I have
2 in hand for Craig Weaver.

Next year, it's going to be much better managed...I believe. There's
already a group working on various software to be implemented to handle
information flow, and that includes Whuffies. Now I just have to make
sure that, yes, they actually TELL us the difference between ConCom,
Staff, Workers, and Volunteers, in enough time to get things done properly.

-- Peter Smith