[GLLUG] Core 2 Duo - 64 bit or x86?

Thomas Driscoll tad001 at sunn.net
Sat May 31 21:41:02 EDT 2008

I just got a Duo core laptop and have been doing some reading. The Intel
or Athlon processor x64 can use the x86 distros or (from the Debian side
as that is generally what I use) for the 64bit can use the Amd64 branch.
I started out with the Amd64 branch but ran into some issues but I do
not think those issues were related to the branch. I am currently
running Ubuntu on said laptop, this was solely for speed of deployment
and testing. I think I will reinstall Debian Amd64 sometime soon.