[GLLUG] Modem to Lend

Marshal Newrock marshal at freedombi.com
Wed Nov 19 23:30:05 EST 2008

On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 22:46:38 -0500
Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have a modem I could borrow for the week of Thanksgiving?
> I'm going away for the week, and I'd like to be able to use my laptop
> to connect via my dial-up ISP, but the laptop doesn't have a modem
> built in and I don't have an external modem in Lansing that I could
> take with me, or the serial cable to connect it to my PC.  It could
> be a PCMCIA, a CardBus, or an external modem and serial cable,
> preferably 56Kbps. Barring that, if you have the little connecting
> cable for a Zoom PC Card (CardBus?) modem, I would like to buy it.  I
> already have one of those modems, but no connecting cable for it.
> I'll be at this week's meeting, so if you could bring it there, that
> would be perfect (for me).

I found a 3Com 56K WinModem card (3CXM356) with x-jack connector.  I'm
guessing it's old enough that it should work in Linux too.  I've also
got a bunch of 9-25 pin serial cables.  And I've got an external USR
Sportster 14,400 modem.

While we're at it, I'm looking for a 9-9 serial cable, if anyone's got
one.

Marshal

--
Marshal Newrock