[GLLUG] kvm switch to share peripherals?

Ranti Junus ranti.junus at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 15:02:59 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have two PCs (debian and linuxmint/windows dual boot) and one laptop
(windows) and I need your suggestions/advice on KVM switch that allows
me to share monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer and hopefully also
headset/audio.  Printer share is more important; I can plug and unplug
my headset easier than printer.  My printer is HP PSC 1210 (usb,
non-network).  I prefer to keep using this printer because it works
just fine for my purpose (I don't print pictures, and I scan stuff for
archive purpose), although I won't rule out upgrading the printer if
it makes more sense (or cheaper).

Do you  have any suggestion which product and where to get one?  The
ones I found so far (Best Buy, Staples) only share the usual
peripherals (monitor, keyboard and mouse, with or without  headset.)
But none of them has option to share my printer.  I failed to find any
from Newegg and TigerDirect as well.

Budget restriction: none (yet.)  In other words, I'd like to see the
options first. :-)

Thanks in advance on any advice and/or suggestions.

ranti.

--
Bulk mail. Postage paid.