[GLLUG] No Beef!

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Sep 30 15:05:00 EDT 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Chick Tower wrote:

> How soon do we need a volunteer, Clay?  Does anyone know how much it has cost
> for the beef in years past?  Would we be able to use the grill the concom has
> already planned for, or would we need our own grill?

I don't know.  Chuck Child is the man to ask, he headed this up last year.
You can get in touch with him via the Penguicon.info site.

At this point, I'm not that worried about the money side of it.  First we
have to get this on the schedule, then we can worry about the money.  It's
definitely a lot of money, I believe a couple thousand all told.  We can
make that happen.  If nothing else we sell shares in the operation, with
the certainty that we'll be able to turn a profit unless a tornado blows
the whole operation away.

I don't think we'll have a problem getting budget allocations for this.
Penguicon understands that this is popular.  But we need somebody to step
up.

Clay