[GLLUG] Burnbox & Beer progress

charles at bityard.net charles at bityard.net
Mon Apr 20 19:11:34 EDT 2009

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:26:40 -0500 (EST), Clay Dowling <clay at lazarusid.com>
wrote:
> Ubuntu will be there in desktop, server and alternate install versions,
> for both x86 and AMD64.
>
> CentOS isn't one I had thought of, but it's an obvious choice.  I don't
> known about Debian though.  It's kind of like getting a three year old
> copy of Ubuntu without an interface.

Yeah. Some people like it, but then again most people who know how to make
the active choice of Debian over the more popular Ubuntu probably already
have the ISOs and everything. You can strike Debian from the list.

> Can netbooks read CDs, or should I look for a way to transfer images to
> memory sticks?

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. I'm sure that it's far too late to consider
modifying the burnbox software to copy images to a USB key. We could have a
USB CD-ROM drive nearby in case anyone wants to install a distro on their
netbook whilst at the con. (I will try to remember to bring my USB adapter
and a spare drive.)

Charles
--
http://bityard.net