[GLLUG] OpenOffice.org

Michael Rudas audiotech50 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 01:21:28 EDT 2009

--- tigner wrote:

> Just in case no one has considered it, SoftMaker has Softmaker Office 2006
> available for FREE. It only includes Word and Excel compatibility, but it
> works well and is IMHO faster than OO, and has quite a bit smaller foot print.

Yes, there ARE times when OO.o is a bit much--but why tussle with
3-year-old software (ODF compatibility, anyone?) when AbiWord is
current and TRULY free GPL software?  I nearly always install it
alongside OO.o as both a cross-check and lighter alternative.

~~ Michael Rudas
    My home page: http://MRudas.2Ya.com
    My software blog: http://FaveSoft.blogspot.com
    My Protopage links: http://TinyURL.com/3wt54n