[GLLUG] Heading down the stretch to Penguicon 7.0....

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 19:56:18 EDT 2009

>From the chatter Thursday night, seems like everyone's got their lines
memorized. Chirp in here if you've got anything to share for plans up to
Thursday night or so.

I'll be heading east at least once on Saturday (tomorrow) to the ConCom
meeting; departing my place around noon for a 'open at 1pm, starts at 2pm'
final meeting before the convention. Got room for 5, 6 if 2 of the 5 agree,
and got 3 seats filled. Don't think there's anybody else who has a good
reason to want to go, but, hey, if you're interested in spending the year
planning a Convention next year, you're welcome to come and observe the
chaos; if you hang around long enough, they get you doing stuff.

Me, I'm going for a few reasons. Still need details on our internet access;
power is what we get from the plugs around the perimeter; there's no socco
electrical guy to make us *Big Boxes OF DOOM(tm)* this year. 2pm Friday is
when we can start setting up; hopefully, we're ready by 6pm for someone who
needs some space (I'm not sure how many seats; I haven't seen him, and the
Tech lead won't be at the concom meeting (but I bcc'd him on this mailing so
he might get back to me). We get to start tearing down at noon, and again,
hopefully will be done in time for 3pm's closing ceremonies. Spend your
whuffies as you get them; get them as you work! I'm still waiting for a
reply from registration about who has their reg paid for already, and
confirming the registrations from last year. If there's any other info
anyone needs as far as the Lounge goes, let me know, and I'll do my best to
get it.

Should be back around 5, and then I'll probably head east AGAIN for the
Ubuntu launch party in Ypsi at 7pm. It'll last a few hours; it's a noisy
version of our meetings, more or less. :) Anybody interested in heading out
there en masse, lemme know.

And then..the weekend is (avoiding) gardening. :)

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com