[GLLUG] MythTV specs

Patrick TenHoopen ptenhoopen at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:03:18 EST 2009

Hi Ranti,

I have run it for a couple of years and like it a lot.  My hardware specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
ASUS K8V Deluxe M/B
450 Watt P/S
GeForce 7600GS (using S-Video out to TV)
1 GB RAM
Happauge PVR500
80 GB SATA HD for OS
320 GB SATA HD for recordings (going to expand it with another 320 GB)
ATI All-In-Wonder II for remote

initially set up the system with MythTV 0.20.2 on openSUSE 10.3 x86_64
and just upgraded it to MythTV 0.22.0 openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 this past
weekend.  I have Comcast Digital cable and can record the analog
channels up to 70 or so using the analog signal.  The digital channels
are trickier and I haven't had as much luck with those as I have to use
RCA plugs on the back of the set top box to get a signal and set the
channel manually on the box.  I am going to be looking into an iR
blaster or using the serial port on the box to change channels
automatically.

Pat