[GLLUG] sending password though headers with php is it possible?

David Singer david at ramaboo.com
Tue Feb 10 18:26:14 EST 2009

There is a website http://mt-training.com/learntranscriptiontyping/Course/KK/

if you go there it pops up a little login box asking for a username
and password which are both 'demo'

>From my site (on a different domain) I would like to redirect people
to the above url without
them needing to enter the username and password. Is this possible? Can
i somehow
attach these to headers and redirect them there?

A simple solution would be to redirect them to
http://demo:demo@mt-training.com/learntranscriptiontyping/Course/KK/
however this is not well supported.

Anyone know a better solution? I have played with PHP header() a bit
with no luck. I was able to send an authentication header
and grab all the content of the site and then spit it back out on a
blank page the problem with this though
is the site contains relative urls to style sheets which then stopped
working. so simple getting the content is not enough
i really need to do a full redirect so they are on the mt-training.com
domain (which i have no control over).

Thanks
David