[GLLUG] trueSpace version 7.6

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Wed Feb 25 08:55:54 EST 2009

from
http://www.teknobites.com/2008/07/25/truespace-3d-modelling-software-is-free-now/

"Truespace is the product of Caligari, a company acquired by Microsoft
recently. TrueSpace is a paid product before, but now they have released
it as a freeware for windows. The new version of truespace allows people
to export 3D content to virtaul earth. It also allows to export as X
Format for game engines like XBOX 360. It serves as an alternative to 3ds
Max and Google Sketchup. There is an open source project called Blender
for 3D modeling which supports wide number of platforms including windows,
mac, linux, BSD, solaris."

Given the wording of the article, maybe he is referring to Blender.
Blender comes with at least Fedora (I assume other distros as well.) I
couldn't find any reference to Truespace being able to run on Linux,
however,  I did find a reference to some compatibility between the two
applications which could cause some confusion. ??