[GLLUG] how to remove

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Fri Jan 16 15:20:07 EST 2009

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 14:31:50 -0500
"Stanley C. Mortel" <mortel at cyber-nos.com> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> Have you tried badblocks and fsck?

fsck was the first thing I did. It doesn't see anything wrong with the
file system. Guess whatever is the cause is not something that offends
fsck. I did not try bad blocks though. I thought that was for marking
bad blocks on the disk so they were not used at all. Not so?

All I really need to do is delete the now extraneous entry although if it
were it recoverable I think it would be an interesting learning exercise.

> Stan
>
> Mike Rambo wrote:
> > I had a problem with a raid 5 array. When I got it back up I found
> > everything looks ok except one directory that now appears as
> > follows.
> >
> > ?r---w-rwx 33444 3714798861 2557849272 2593351921 2017-08-26 12:38
> > mdk
> >
> > Notice the ? instead of the usual d at the far left plus the weird

<snip>

--
Mike Rambo

Life takes a bit of time and a lot of relationship.
    -papa