[GLLUG] TV News segment: clueless

eduardo cesconetto eduardo at cesconetto.com
Tue Jan 20 09:01:00 EST 2009

The big problem here is the lack of support from most schools,
colleges and universities, I work at Apple an every year we see a
great amount of people that come back to the Apple Store(Genius Bar)
to seek help to install Windows on a VM or Boot Camp because you can't
even authenticate to the school's network w/o running some sort of
ActiveX plugin on IE(not even Firefox)...

This is why LUGs should be fighting to get access to elementary
schools and high schools to give panels and presentations, if kids
learn that there is a (better) alternative to comercial O$'es and Apps
since the early education years, the could at least figure it out how
to connect to the internet and run M$ Office on Wine or another VM, or
even understand that OO is compatible with Office and etc......

Eduardo Cesconetto | eduardo at cesconetto.com | (517) 507-5966