[GLLUG] LAMP Server Reminder

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Tue Jul 21 11:20:09 EDT 2009

Just a reminder to everyone on the list that we're doing our LAMP
Server workshop this weekend.  If you don't know what I'm talking
about, have a look at http://www.gllug.org/node/101

I've been posting this to Craigslist daily, and I'm getting some
regulars.  You all are welcome too, of course.

I've been advertising Thursday night as a good pre-session for people
who need to do an install.  I really don't want to be doing installs
on Saturday.  That said, if a couple of folks could be ready on
Saturday to help out with installs, that would be awesome.  I'll have
the large stack of CDs there, so no need to bring media.

I'd also like suggestions of what to cover.  We'll obviously talk
about Apache, MySQL and PHP setup, all of which can and should be
installed via the operating system's package management system.  If
you aren't familiar with your distro's package management system, this
is a good time to learn.  PK, for you that means checking out the
pkg_add command.

The next obvious thing is a content management system like Drupal.
I'm probably just going to hit the highlights on that.  Is there any
chance we can get a projector there?  I won't need it the whole time,
but it would be good for showing basic things like setting
up/installing Drupal.

Clay
--
Online RPG Campaign Planning