[GLLUG] No cookout this weekend

charles at bityard.net charles at bityard.net
Wed Jul 29 18:03:50 EDT 2009

On Wed, July 29, 2009 8:58 am, Clay Dowling wrote:
> After receiving a deafening silence of people confirming for a cookout
> this weekend, I'm agreeing with Chick: nobody is going to come, so
> there's no point in having it.
>
> Those who are so inclined will instead be meeting at Gone Wired.
> Although since is sounds like most people are out of town, anybody
> actually going to Gone Wired should probably bring a book or their
> laptop, because you might be all alone.

I didn't confirm on this list, because I already confirmed in real life.
:) That said, Late July/August really seems to be the worst time to plan
anything on the weekend and August particularly has always been a very
"dry" month for GLLUG participation because everyone's trying to squeeze
in their last few weeks of summer proper. Once late fall comes along,
we'll start seeing more people show interest in the group. And next year,
any cookout should be scheduled in the spring or early summer. ;)

Charles
--
http://bityard.net