[GLLUG] Spice up your LUG! | TuxRadar

charles at bityard.net charles at bityard.net
Tue Jun 2 22:57:05 EDT 2009

On Tue, June 2, 2009 7:01 pm, Chick Tower wrote:
> Food for thought about running a LUG.  I like the idea of Saturday
> meetings; perhaps we could have one a month.
>
> http://tuxradar.com/content/spice-your-lug

Some pretty reasonable ideas on there. I still think Gone Wired was the
best meeting place we had until it got noisy and overpriced. The
casualness (if that's a word) made the LUG really approachable and I
believe was the main thing responsible for the huge swell in membership
during that time.

I'm up for Saturday meetings, because that would mean I could actually
attend again. :) The downside is that many people are out of town or
otherwise engaged over the weekend, but maybe those people would be
outnumbered by those who can't make it on a weekday.

Charles
--
http://bityard.net