[GLLUG] Connecting iPods to PCs

Marr marr at copper.net
Wed Jun 24 10:51:34 EDT 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 10:37:07pm Chick Tower wrote:
> Does anyone know how to connect an iPod Touch to a Linux PC?

I don't own an iPod, Chick, but I've been saving Linux-related links for many
years on the chance that one day I might.

Here's a few of the ones that are still valid (i.e. website/page is still
available) and might help:

Using an iPod in Linux
May 26th, 2005 by Bert Hayes in Linux Journal

   http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8160

GNUpod
Manage your iPod
Adrian Ulrich

   http://www.gnu.org/software/gnupod/gnupod.html

Experiments with an iPod
By Awasthi Nirendra

   http://linuxgazette.net/120/nirendra.html

gtkpod
"a platform independent Graphical User Interface for Apple's iPod using GTK2"

   http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

YamiPod
"a freeware application to efficiently manage your iPod under Mac OS X,
Windows and Linux."

   http://www.yamipod.com

Disclaimer: I have no idea if these apply to the iPod Touch.

HTH... Good luck!

Regards,
Bill Marr