[GLLUG] Server Class Summary

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sat Jun 27 22:17:18 EDT 2009

These are my proposed summaries for the classes. Let me know if I should
make any changes.  Changes are good.  These descriptions will appear in
fliers and the press releases.

             GLLUG Server Series

Install Fest

Lani Meredith and several experienced volunteers will
assist participants as they install and configure Ubuntu Linux on
their computers.  No prior experience with Linux or UNIX is required.
Participants should bring a computer and necessary periferals such as
monitors, mice and keyboards.

Introduction to the Command Line

Jeff Lawton of Ideal Solution will help new Linux users to become
familiar with the command line.  If you aren't comfortable with the
Linux command line you'll want to take this class before attending the
later sessions.  Volunteers will be on hand to provide individualized
support.

Basic Networking and System Security

Charles Ulrich of Liquid Web will guide new Linux system
administrators in the basics of networking and network security.
Additional volunteers will be on hand to assist you in setting up your
machines according to your individual needs.  Participants are
encouraged to bring the machines they are planning to connect to the
network.

LAMP Server Workshop

Clay Dowling of Lazarus Internet Development and Charles Ulrich of
Liquid Web will briefly discuss the services that can be offered by
a Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP/Perl/Python (LAMP) server.  Individual
assistance will be provided in a workshop format to assist users with
setting up their own LAMP servers.  Participants should bring their
own machines and necessary periferals to this workshop.