[GLLUG] Server Class Summary

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Sun Jun 28 22:50:47 EDT 2009

Richard Houser wrote:
> Everyone seems to focus on server security at the expense of
> application security.  Any interest in adding on a Thursday follow-up
> for application security (SQL injection, unicode implications of
> character blacklisting, security strategies, etc.)?

It's something we can bring out in a later session if you want.  I'm not
sure that we'll be really discussing a lot of programming in the
workshop.  For most people we'll do better to steer them toward existing
software.

Folks want to talk specifics about programming, we can consider a later
series of classes. But we don't have the right format to teach in-depth
programming.  Our time is better spent showing people specific, focused
topics like SQL or preventing SQL Injection Attacks, or using AJAX.

Clay