[GLLUG] Career guidance request

Sean O'Malley picasso at madflower.com
Sun Mar 1 15:28:33 EST 2009

Sales, help desk, or disaster recovery planning, seem
decent fits. He could probably get the hang of databases but I have a
feeling he likes working with people so like database planning/migration
is more appropriate.

I don't think he is going to be able to jump in to any position that
requires hard skills like programming at the snap of a finger.
There are too many gotcha's.

There are a few degrees that he could get to help jumpstart his career
path. They mix business and IT which would be right down his alley.
I think they are two-year degrees or 4 year but through a college of
business.