[GLLUG] CDs at Penguicon

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Mar 2 20:44:51 EST 2009

Chick Tower wrote:
> Judging from a message from the chairman of the Penguicon organizing
> committee, he expects us to have Linux CDs to hand out in the computer
> lounge.  Was anyone planning on this?  Also, he expects a bearded man in
> a hat to be offering them to visitors.  I guess Marshal, Peter, and Jeff
> need to work out a schedule for continuous coverage of this duty.

Frankly I was hoping for a curvy doctorate in Physics or Astronomy to be
handing them out.  Sadly for both the chairman and for me, there's no
reason to assume that any of those things will happen.

There is, however, reason to assume that a very bald and slightly
overweight programmer will have set up a kiosk which will perform an
identical function. If he's insistent that they be distributed by a
stereotype, I could lounge around the kiosk in biker's leathers, but I
don't really think anybody wants to see that.

Clay