[GLLUG] ConCom Meeting, March 7th

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 18:40:55 EST 2009

I'll be heading to Windsor on Friday night, and heading to meeting from
there;
gotta be in Windsor on Friday night AND Saturday night, sooooo.... otherwise
I'd be all for it.

Still at work at this point, guess that's another meeting in Lansing I'll
miss.

But, since we have a post with this title:

Good News: PCon 6.0 made a profit. The list of 11 people that I sent off
twice
in April and May to the treasurer are all eligible for refunds.

Bad News: Nobody's gotten them yet because, well, apparently, they don't
KNOW how much everyone PAID. Yeah, yeah, I asked, how can THAT be,
and just got a shrug or two. Sigh

So, I need to know from everyone (list below) how much you paid. If you
can find it by Saturday morning, great, email me. If you can figure out WHEN
you paid, do that. If anyone can confirm for me that nobody on this list was
under
18 last year, that'd be good too. BCC'd to everyone except Lee, who I don't
have
a ready emaiil for

Rates last year.

                                         18 or older       13 - 17
05/01/06 - 9/01/06                $30                 $15
09/02/06 - 03/31/07              $35                 $20
04/01/07 - At The Door         $45                 $30

If I don't hear from people by Saturday morning, I'll assume that you
prereg'd after 9/2/06.

List: Andrew Ball, "Cesconetto, Eduardo", "Clay Dowling" , "Richard Houser"
, "Lawton, Jeff" ,
Ariel Lonchar,  "Stanley C. Mortel", Chick Tower, "Charles Ulrich" "Karl
Schuttler", Lee Putnam

I'll also be trying to get access to the registration list, but I think
that's a lot more solid. I made sure Aaron
got those at the con last year, and he's on course for getting good things
done this year.

This is the first year, of the 7 they've done it, that they've had any sort
of really solid paperwork continuity
At All, so, it's getting better.

I'll grab some footage of the atrium on the walkthru on Saturday, and get
some updating on our website done
as well. I also plan on getting some good guidance on how to handle
reimbursements this year, because, well,
there's ConCom (who never get reimbursed for admissions), there's Staff (who
are responsible people who pay
a discount, but again, get no reimbursements) and there are Volunteers (who
are the grunts who get money back
at the end of the con if things are run properly). At least 3 or 4 people in
this 'crew' should be 'staff'. If your name
is in the program book, you should really be 'staff' and getting zero cash
back...so, we'll get this straightened out
before the con this year. Since of course, you get no refunds if you used
wuffies to buy your con ticket for THIS
year, I'll try my best to make staff out of those people. :)

Off to my hour drive, and a grocery stop...if I see lansing by 9pm, it's a
good night. Sigh.

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com