[GLLUG] Computer Lounge Extra Events

Chick Tower c.e.tower at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 23:13:43 EST 2009

If you think we should have a Linux install-fest on Saturday, somebody
needs to step up and plan it.  It would need volunteers to assist in new
Linux installations  Some promotion, such as in the Penguicon program,
would be needed, too.

If someone wants to sell pins in the Computer Lounge, that someone needs
to order (and maybe even design) them.  David Singer can give you advice
on how to find businesses on the internet that will print any design you
can provide them, or you can order some from someplace like Cafe Press
(as I did two years ago).

There are several of us already tied up with events, so new people will
need to step forward and carry these out if they're to be.  I'm
organizing the Brazilian beef cook-out, Clay is busy with the GLLUG room
parties, Rick has certification events to manage, and Jeff will be gone
most, if not all, of Penguicon.  Marshal, Charles, and Stan all have
duties to perform that might prevent them from taking on any more
responsibility.  The install-fest really won't require much time to set
up, and the pins will require even less.

                                Chick