[GLLUG] Computer Lounge Extra Events

Marshal Newrock marshal at freedombi.com
Fri Mar 6 01:40:43 EST 2009

On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:13:43 -0500
Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:

> If you think we should have a Linux install-fest on Saturday,
> somebody needs to step up and plan it.  It would need volunteers to
> assist in new Linux installations  Some promotion, such as in the
> Penguicon program, would be needed, too.

As far as techs for an installfest, I'm sure the other LUGs would be
happy to help out.  We'd just need badges or something to identify the
volunteers.  Or maybe just rely on the idea that anyone wandering
around the tables is probably a volunteer, or at least knows something.

Given that the next version of Ubuntu will be released before the con,
I'd say an installfest is fairly important.

--
Marshal Newrock
517-679-0699 x223