[GLLUG] question about penguicon

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 12:50:16 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Chick Tower <c.e.tower at gmail.com> wrote:

> And hurry if that's what you want to do.  The room block is almost full,
> if it isn't already full.  For some reason, the hotel gave us a maximum
> number of rooms; I suspect that just means the max number that can get
> the Penguicon rate, but that anyone can rent any remaining rooms.

Nope, there ARE no other rooms in the hotel that are available to be rented
by con goers, other than thru the con. The max was given because the hotel
has a standing commitment for pilots and such for the top N floors of the
hotel. ANY other hotel reservations will end up going to our hotel liason
for room allocation. Even if you call Corp HQ and have a room 'reserved'; if
it's not on the con's list, you won't get it.

At the GLLUG meeting last week, someone (so many new faces...well, okay,
'new' means 'since we left the sandwich shop' to me) informed us that his
reservation was the last one; so the Crowne is sold out. We DO have an
overflow hotel, and it IS the one right next door, soo....still lots of
room.

The Pit? It's...cozy at times. I'd bring a sleeping bag and you'll be sure
to get some space, though. If there existed a situation where there was
literally NO room to sleep, you'd be found a place.

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com