[GLLUG] Zen Cart

Peter Smith psmith.gllug at gmail.com
Mon May 4 12:10:20 EDT 2009

Point of sale...well, I've always thought of POS in that sense as
being what runs a physical cash register in a retail outlet. Zen Cart
(http://www.zen-cart.com/) is an online store app (yeah, I know you
know, issa CART word in Zen Cart) and a branch of osCommerce
(http://www.oscommerce.com), so it runs an online store. osCommerce
has been branched a few times, and I think CRE Loaded
(http://www.creloaded.com) is probably the best of the branch, IMHO.
Zen went kinda weird, and you can't just import in the osC templates,
like you can with CREL.

The other POS...osCommerce is table-based, not CSS-based. That's
enough to qualify it for me. :) I played with it a bit in 2006 when
the 1.3 branch came out, for a friend who was trying to sell a few
crafty things and was already deep into Joomla; she ended up just
going with an eBay store and hard links in and out, because changing
the graphics around were just too tedious, and she was getting too
impatient to try anything else. :)

--
Peter Smith
psmith.gllug at gmail.com