[GLLUG] Server Infection Question

Karl Schuttler rexykik at gmail.com
Tue May 5 19:34:48 EDT 2009

Sounds like a typical exploit to me; malware propagation across drives
is pretty common now. If I recall, MS screwed up when they disabled
autorun and specified the wrong registry key. You might consider doing
it manually through the registry on a clean box, which might fix your
issue.

ClamAV on linux was the first thing that came to my mind. If it
infects your live linux system, I'd like to know; I haven't heard of
anything that does that.