[GLLUG] Suggested Expansion of Computer Lounge's Tasks

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Wed May 6 13:34:53 EDT 2009

On Wed, 6 May 2009, Chick Tower wrote:

> Here's an excerpt from a running dialogue about the program book, and
> the possibility of making the schedule available in electronic format
> only.  They already discussed kiosks, which some said are unreliable,
> due in large part to the abuse by users.  I'm sending it out because of
> the massive amount of equipment and effort it would require from us,
> although we should be able to draw upon the resources of other LUGs and
> Penguicon itself.

Just as a side note, the notion of printing schedules from the lab isn't
getting massive amounts of traction.  It's a neat idea, but suddenly
lounge availability becomes extremely important to the whole con, and
things could stop being fun real fast.  And since we know that for most of
Friday the lounge isn't going to be useful, it kills the idea of Friday
scheduling.