[GLLUG] Laptops for lounge?

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Sat Nov 28 12:33:10 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-28 at 05:29 -0800, David Singer wrote:
> that seems high to me. I wonder if you couldn't do better used on
> ebay. at least something in the p4 range. last thing you want people
> to think is linux is slow and a modern linux install on a p3 is slow

The traditional GLLUG Way has been to run a terminal server on some
reasonably powerful hardware and connect users to it through thin
clients. The only things you really need on the client side is the
ability to netboot and run an X session. Older hardware is perfect for
this. It's a great way to deploy a dozen (or more) modern Linux desktops
on the cheap.

Charles