[GLLUG] Toyota mechanic

Clay Dowling clay at lazarusid.com
Mon Apr 26 23:09:05 EDT 2010

So PK showed me his "new" truck.  It's a Toyota FJ-6 from the early
80s.  If you've never seen one, they're an SUV distilled down to the
bare essentials.  The Platonic Absolute of SUVs, if you will. If you
like trucks as tough vehicles for going rough places and doing rough
things, it's about as awesome as it gets.  Every redneck should have
one, possibly with a hound dog in the passenger seat.

I bring this up because he needs a mechanic who is familiar with older
Toyota engines to help him get the thing fixed up.  It's a carburetted
engine, and seems a bit cold-blooded.  It never stalled, but it felt
like it was constantly threatening.  It could stand to have somebody
look at the engine, and a glance over the clutch and transmission
wouldn't be amis.

So does anybody have recommendations for a good Toyota mechanic, or
somebody who can handle carburettors in the East Lansing/Lansing area?

Clay