[GLLUG] Win XP question

frank.dolinar at comcast.net frank.dolinar at comcast.net
Mon Aug 30 10:41:50 EDT 2010

Good morning everyone,
I've apparently done something less than optimally intelligent to my home office computer over the weekend and now can't get access to the internet under WinXP
I don't remember the exact message.
It appears that it doesn't believe that I have any access to the LAN or beyond.
I immediately tried to access the internet from my Mac, and did so with no problems. So my LAN is working just fine.
Windows, however, is being anti-social.
And the basic troubleshooting items that I'm finding on the web to fix the network / LAN / TCP/IP, while easy to follow through (e.g. Control Panel -> Networks -> Connection -> Properties), don't actually appear to make any difference.

As usual, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank