[GLLUG] Win XP question

Karl Schuttler karl.schuttler at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 10:54:43 EDT 2010

Karl's Miniguide to XP connectivity:

Goto Control Panel>Network Connections (available through the Classic View)
Disable all adapters except the one you need (your LAN adapter. Right click
menu to disable them)
Double click the lan adapter to bring up properties, or right click and go
to properties.
Double click IPv4 TCP/IP

If you're using DHCP, which you probably are, Ensure that "Obtain an IP
address Automatically" is selected. Additionally, unless you have a
different DNS server, ensure that "Obtain DNS server address automatically"
is also selected.

Click okay, close the properties dialog, go back to the network connections
window. Disable the LAN and then Re-enable it (will force it to fetch an
IP).

Let us know if this doesn't work.
Karl