[GLLUG] Is the "Wintel" monopoly slipping away?

Charles Ulrich charles at bityard.net
Fri Dec 24 01:18:45 EST 2010

Windows CE runs on ARM and there are quite a few tablets/netbooks on
eBay sporting it. Can't vouch for how how *well* it runs on these
devices, however. Plus there are several "Windows Phones" out now that
have basically the same hardware as their Android cousins. In fact,
I'm pretty sure there are some that can dual-boot between Android and
Windows Mobile or whatever they call it.

Even if the whole world went to ARM overnight, MS still has options.

http://bityard.net