[GLLUG] Home Wireless Network

James Barclay james at everythingisgray.com
Fri Dec 31 13:52:52 EST 2010

Who is your Internet service provider?

What make/model of modem did they provide or are you using?

Make sure your AirPort Extreme is not getting a self assigned IP, (something beginning with 169.254). If so, power cycle your AirPort Extreme as well as your modem.

If your modem is also a router, (provides network address translation, for instance), you may have to configure it to be a dumb modem, or enable DMZ mode on the AirPort, (which is done via the modem's configuration page).

Hope this helps.

James Barclay
james at everythingisgray.com