[GLLUG] Network Shenanigans

Marr marr at copper.net
Thu Feb 4 13:52:05 EST 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010 1:04:02pm Chick Tower wrote:
> I use neither.  Just ifconfig, iwconfig, and dhcpcd.

Is this possibly happening after some time-limit enforced by the library? That
is, do you have to click some sort of "I Agree" page to get wireless access
initially?

If so, try this the next time, which always works for me (who, like you,
runs 'dhcpcd' manually for wireless access):

   - killall dhcpcd
   - dhcpcd wlan0
   - Try to visit some web page, which should take you to the "I Agree" page.
   - Continue surfing! :^)

HTH....

Regards,
Bill Marr