[GLLUG] Hiring a Web Developer $25/hour

David Singer david at ramaboo.com
Fri Feb 12 20:02:41 EST 2010

I have reached the point where I really need to hire another person.
Here is the basic job description:

Ramaboo is looking for a mid level web developer. We are primary a
PHP/Rails. Solid understanding of OO PHP (5.2 and 5.3) required.
CakePHP experience preferred. Any Rails experience would be very
helpful as we are transition from a primarily PHP shop to primarily
Rails. Experience with one or more of the following: Wordpress,
Drupal, Magento, Joomal. iPhone/Android development experience a plus
as is experience with other MVC frameworks.

On the front end we use jQuery and Ext JS exclusively. jQuery
experience a definite requirement. Ext JS not that important.
Standards compliment CSS/XHTML a must, HTML 5 experience would be
nice. Blueprint or Grid 960 a plus but not required. Must be amazing
in Photoshop. If you don't love smart layers (or know what they are)
don't apply.

Experience with basic sys admin type stuff a plus (rsync, ssh, apache,
mysql, etc).

Requirements:
You must have your own computer running OS X or Linux (sorry no
primarily Windows users). Core 2 Duo or faster. Minimum 4GB RAM.
1920x1200 or better monitor required. Fast internet access. Your own
copy of Adobe CS4, Microsoft Office, Open Office, and a Windows
install running IE 7 and IE 8 (virtual machines are fine for this).

Application:
To apply send a list of 3-5 sites you have personally designed to
david at ramaboo.com along with a link to your Facebook and a paragraph
or two about yourself. We will run your sites though a validator so
make sure your code is up to spec. Do not include a resume. If you
have contributed to open source projects please list them as well.

Legal:
This will be a 1099 position paid bi weekly on an hourly basis.
Starting pay is $25/hour. Work mostly your own hours but be prepared
for some required on the job time as well. 100% telecommute. Expect
20-40 hours a week. You should be comfortable with large changes in
workload as we take on and complete projects.

Please distribute to anyone you feel would be qualified.

-David