[GLLUG] Looking for some open source projects (local) to aid in

Richard Houser rick at divinesymphony.net
Fri Jan 1 11:34:07 EST 2010

The only really obvious question I see: "Is XBMC the right tool for
the job?"  You may be better off either using another software (ex.
MythTV) adding a translation layer (batch conversion process, fuse
decompression layer, etc.)  Aside from that, if the project is written
in Python, you should stick to that unless there is an explicit reason
that prevents that (ex. performance issues or hardware acceleration
require C libraries, etc.).  It's easier for a semi-decent programmer
to learn a new language than it is to try to bolt something that
doesn't fit on via a known language.