[GLLUG] LTSP 5 and Optiplex GX1

Michael George george at idealso.com
Sun Jan 24 22:13:05 EST 2010

I'm trying to move to LTSP 5 on my Gentoo system.  I have the client
system built, the TFTP and DHCP stuff working to give up the necessary
files, but the terminal hits a kernel panic when it tries to mount /
over NFS.  It says that there's no network available.

I know the connection is good, because it pulled the kernel and stuff.
It looks like it picks the tg3 NIC driver to use for networking, but the
system uses the 3C950 chipset and would need the 3C95x driver.

I'm wondering if anyone here uses LTSP much and might have some of those
MSU surplus Optiplex GX1's that they have working and maybe could give
some insight...

Thanks!

--
-M

There are 10 kinds of people in this world:
	Those who can count in binary and those who cannot.