[GLLUG] Gnote install

Bert W. Carrier Jr. bertcarrier at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:10:34 EST 2010

Thanks for that information, Charles.

I ended up going through the somewhat painful process of compiling gnote
from source, only to find that there is no synchronization feature.  It
turns out that Gnote is a lighter-weight version of Tomboy notes. Tomboy
has a synchronization feature and is maintained in the Ubuntu
repositories.  It turns out that Tomboy works for me just fine.  I
should have just installed that in the first place.

Apparently there is some controversy about Tomboy, something about Mono
(a programming language??)   but I don't know if I should be concerned
about that at this point.   Thanks again for the code.  I did not know
how to do any of that!